Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Hoppy" Easter

Yay for the Gedicks', they've managed to get with the times. Not only did Freddo invest in dish network and high speed internet this year, oh no, there's more.. Get ready for this folks...WE TOOK DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE! (gasp!) I know, I know, how could we have done such a thing? I mean its only Easter...Christmas is still a mere 7 months away or was only4 months ago depending on how you percieve the situation. But alas, it is another step forward into "the now" as I like to call it, and we are cruisin' right into 2009 in style. Since I'm trying to help my parents "get wit it" the actual taking down of the fake green thing in our living room only seemed right. My next feat...convincing Prof. Gedicks he can't live without Tivo.
And there she (tree) is sad, lonely, and finally realizing that her time ended long ago. It's a shame she got the boot on Easter Eve but bad news never had good timing. I bet it feels like our VCR did when we finally replaced it with the DVD player two weeks ago (okay okay we've had a DVD player for awhile, but I submit it was probably purchased much later than all of yours)Although I know this was for the best I was truly sad to see the tree all wrapped up in her cocoon ready to hibernate for the summer. How generous of her to go down without a fight and help us embrace "the now." Goodbye C. Tree, we shall see ye in 7 months! Until then!

4 comments:

  1. It's true. The tree came down on Easter Sunday. It's how we do things. We have no secrets in our family.

    Never have, never will, thanks be to our delightful daughter's reporting skills and to the wonders of the internet. We are what we are. What you see is what you get. We're the real deal, the authentic enchilada. Nothin' special.

    WE LOVE YOU ANYWAY, AMANDA! Ya little snitch.

    Now, if I could just figure out what *Logoff* means, I think I could turn off this pesky computer all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "logoff" is a doozy..Oof..Technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny post, Amanda. I 2nd the motion that the Professor cannot live without Tivo. Get a clue, Freddo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. More family posts please! I love to see FMG out of the school scene!

    ReplyDelete