Monday, February 1, 2010

Adam


Okay so I don't normally post reviews because I'm not very picky about my cinematic experiences. I'm always looking for a good flick but generally, I'm easily entertained (Unless of course I have to watch Nine, 9, Leap Year, or Did You Hear About the Morgan's again.. Okay, so maybe I'm pickier than I thought). However, I recently saw the movie "Adam" which first premiered in the 2009 Sundance Film Festival. If not, go rent it. Seriously. I haven't seen a movie that I have absolutely loved for awhile but this did the trick. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think (I know right? Rarity), and the soundtrack is borderline amazing.

Here is my non-professional overview of the movie. Adam is a twentysomething year old guy suffering from Asperger's whose father recently died. Beth is likewise a twentysomething year old who happens to move into the same apartment complex as Adam. There is a great chemistry between the two but Adam is clearly oblivious to social norms and awkwardness. Basically, the movie is about their interesting/challenging relationship while stretching out of their own comfort zones to unknown territory.

I haven't seen too many Sundance films but the ones I have watched I've really enjoyed. There is something about them that just makes them more raw and real than your traditional box office hit. They take these awkward human experiences and turn them into something that people can relate to. You don't always walk away feeling bubbly and happy but you definitely come away with a new perspective and a few good laughs.

Anyway, here is an official trailer of Adam if you are interested or if my synapses didn't pull you in. I wouldn't blame you if that were the case.

6 comments:

  1. Just your recommendation pulled me in. Now I just have to remember....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i'm totally sucked in. thanks for the rec, suz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too. Happy Birthday today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is in my netflix queue AND i have been listening to the soundtrack all day... love! thanks for the recommendation! (and happy birthday) (and i love you)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh...how did I not know that you have a blog? I am adding you to my list!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete