Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Favorite Era

My biggest (and uncontrollable) regret was that I wasn't a teenager in the 80's. I swear I was born to wear those clothes, watch those TV shows, and show off those dance moves. Pat Benatar is my hero. Saved by the Bell (The Prom episode? AMAZING) is genious. And yes, I own colored skinny jeans. Now that I am older, and somewhat wiser, I realize that I missed out. Therefore, I'll just survive on watching old music videos, SBTB re-runs, and borrowing my mothers old workout leo (puff sleeves included) and Jane Fonda videos.

This is one of my all time favorite music videos. Teen rebellion, check. Man in leather pants, check. Man in crop top, check. Man in short white shorts, check (unfortunately). Girl power, check. Dance break, check. 5 minutes of sheer and total tubular awesomeness, CHECK.

8 comments:

  1. love it. glad you're finally growing out of that teeny bopper phase of yours and moving on to REAL culture.

    ps i saw 17 again and might have a little crush on zacy-poo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow out of my teeny bopper phase?! NEVER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the 80's leg warmers. They're available in stores again now you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Amanda. You were made for the 80s. I can totally see it. I, too, was a few years too late to live my teen years in the 80s, but I'm not feeling left out. I think it might have to do with the whole growing up with three boys thing. :) I wouldn't have traded Nintendo, playing games in the front yard or street, or the trampoline for all the leg warmers in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your mother would have rebelled a little as a teen, she may have been able to swing having you a little earlier so you could have grown up in the 80s. Blame her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all (that's my indication that there are a few things I would like to say), thank you for coming back to blogging, the internet missed you. Secondly, I'm glad we've all reached an amicable relationship with the 80s. For me, it was mostly characterized by Cabbage Patch T-shirts and high-top Reeboks, so there are not many regrets. My sisters, on the other hand, have some reparations to pay to the Ozone for their usage of Aqua Net in pursuit of "Wire bangs." Thirdly, My only hope is that we start having the same good nature towards the mid to late 90s when I actually was a teenager. Because, I have very mixed emotions about my wide-leg L.E.I. jeans and body suits. We can thank Lauren Hill for that one. Lastly, dang your straight-arrow mom, you would have rock a shredded jean jacket and some stirrup pants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I'll still rock the shredded jacket and stirrup pants? Or perhaps I can round up some L.E.I.'s or even better, my flare overalls. Perhaps I'll even hook up one of the straps. Thanks Chels. Things are really looking up.

    ReplyDelete