Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Long Awaited "Engagement" Post

It's true, I'm engaged! I've been meaning to blog about the big event for quite some time but I didn't want to take away from the Golf Post that I had so carefully prepared that very day. Like Neesh said, it was your typical Cinco de Mayo until someone decided to propose (no complaints here)! Blake pulled the classic fake out. You know the, "Oh the ring isn't ready," or the, "I'm so scared to talk to your Dad," even though he'd already talked to him. Me, being the naive, trusting, and completely patient (ha) person that I am, believed him.

So, Wednesday night I went to dinner with some friends while Mr. Moore was supposedly at work. I was pleasantly surprised when he got off work early (pretend work that is) and again, I wasn't even the slightest bit suspicious. We stopped at our friends' house to wish him a happy birthday but we were only there for about 30 minutes because Blake said he needed to hurry and get up to Sandy before it was too late (he was scheduled to have surgery the next day). So upon driving home to the apartment he randomly changed his mind and said that he wanted to go up to "our spot" (ya whatever, we're cheesy, we have a spot we always drive to). While driving up to "the spot" Blake randomly gets this phone call and tells me that its just work. Again, I believe him.


Finally, we park and we're listening to my personal favorite FM100's Love Songs After Dark (yeah I may be a tween but I'm also a sucker for those 80's and 90's love songs) and Blake turns up the radio stating, "I have a feeling this next song is going to be good." All of the sudden his voice comes on the radio. I just sit there and stare at him only half believing that the guy on the radio is my boyfriend and the Amanda he is talking about is actually me. I felt semi-famous for .5 seconds. It was the perfect proposal!


Oh PS, the "work" phone call was actually the DJ from the radio station telling Blake that his song was next...that's how he knew the next song was going to be good...sneaky sneaky!


The Spot

The ring

The basket full of chocolate
(the real way to a girl's heart, or at least mine)


The photo shoot with Neesh

Okay, I may have been a little too excited

The date is September 18th (was originally the 17th but we pushed it back a day to accommodate weekend wedding travelers), and hopefully we will see you all there!!! Abby informed me that she has to "wash her hair that weekend" so her spot is available for anyone who would like to take it...

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE RING GEDS!!! I'm so excited for you that is so great! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE AMANDA!! And your ring is gorgeous.
    Congrata-FREAKIN-lations!

    p.s. I love the way your personality totally comes out in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so cute- looks like a fine night! Hopefully Leila will cooperate one way or another so we can be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun story! Glad you finally shared! He's going to be a fun addition to the fam. Too bad about Abby not being able to make it. Ha ha!
    I like you "too excited" pic. That should be the wedding announcement photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS about time. jk. Love you! Congrats. Fun story. I love the love songs after dark too... we must be cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AMANDA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy for you amanda! you two are hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so excited for you!! yeah!!! congratulations, and your ring is gorgeous!
    p.s. what a cute proposal!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! what a sneaky proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, i had to wash my hair on the 17th...looks like my spot ain't up for grabs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I am so happy for you Amanda! I wish so bad that I could be there for your wedding! I told my mom that she better go for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're engaged! What? Awesome. That's the response I would have had if I had seen this post before I actually attended your wedding.

    ReplyDelete