Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Move Over Bagger Vance...

Okay I have to be honest. I don't even really know who Bagger Vance is but I couldn't think of a creative title and I knew he is a "golf related" subject. Soooo...yaaa... And now I just revealed my lack of creativity. Awesome.

Anywho, now for the real reason I brought you here (haha Abby)... I had my first official golf game on Monday! The big sis informed me that this mentally aged me at least 20 years (I think she may just be suffering from middle child syndrome, she's delusional) but I figure 40 is the new 20 anyway. Just ask Jennifer Aniston. I've taken a few lessons and hit a few balls at the driving range but I've never actually played on a course.


As you can see we went up to the Homestead to play. It was still pretty cold (Utah Spring) so I convinced Blake to let me take the blanket that was sitting in his car. I think he was worried about what it might do to his "image" but we were the only ones on the course anyway so luckily no one saw.


My first shot of the day was great. Unfortunately, I don't think any other swing was quite up to par (pun totally intended) the remainder of the holes. Not even this one...

This was a quick photo op after Blake's awesome put. PS Check out his short sleeve shirt and shorts. Even though he would never admit it he was glad I brought that blanket..

Mal and Adam came along too. It was fun to have them there, plus Mal didn't really know what she was doing either so we were amateurs together. (Ignore Blake trying to be Tiger Woods in the background).

Despite the fact that I had to wake up at 8AM and the 43 degree temps it was really fun. It may just be a new hobby of mine. 40 or not here I come!

8 comments:

  1. Not nearly as exciting as what happened today, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know huh! Makes me wish I wouldn't have written this today. Had I known...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always write another post ya know.

    lub you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! What the heck?! What happened?!

    Cute little golfing couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, I think it's time for another post, since you already announced it on fb, but we need all the finer details here! Did he do it at the golf course?!! he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all, it's spelled anyHOO. second of all, it was courtney cox that said that 40 was the new 20 via jules on 'cougar town.'

    delusional. tisk, tisk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank goodness your mom is on top of her blog :) so exciting Amanda!

    ReplyDelete