Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Having a Good One...

Yes, that's right.  I'm having a great week.  It's my last week of classes EVER at the Y which I never imagined would feel so good (or would ever happen for that matter).  I can't believe I am finally leaving BYU.  I really thought I might be here until I'm 30.  I think Fred did too.  But alas I am leaving with a BS in Public Health this December (applause).  I don't, however, get to walk until April once I finish my internship.  

Which works as a nice transition to the second part of my great week.  I got an internship today (applause again)! I will be interning for the Office of Domestic and Sexual Violence at the State Capitol building in Salt Lake City.  Primarily, I will be part of the committee working on bills to present while congress is in session (I hope I'm explaining everything correctly, I'm learning).  You might see me in the newspaper with my poster yelling things such as, "No excuse for Child Abuse!" Just kidding.  But I do actually get to attend meetings at the capitol building and be vocal about our subject.

Now if I could just figure out which light bulb(s) went out on my strand of Christmas Tree lights I'll really be in business.  Who was the genius that decided to make all the lights on a strand go out when only one is malfunctioning?  I think I will have a word with them in the next life.

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

    Congrats, blond one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new blog look. I like your 2 good newses. I like you. And Black, too.

    (I posted this yesterday but it never showed up. Maybe I forgot to click *send* or something?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay suz! congratulations, you lovely person, you. also, keep me posted on those graduation deets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the internship! Hopefully that means we'll get to see more of you and Blake!

    ReplyDelete