Friday, December 17, 2010

Movin' On

There has only been one thing standing between me and graduation for the last two days.  The dreaded Statistics Final.  I could've taken it Wednesday morning or night, but felt that I needed to prepare more.  So I did.  Then came Thursday.  And then Thursday night, and all of the sudden it was 5pm on Friday night and that big awful thing was still lurking over my head.  I finally took a deep breath and found myself in the testing center (against my will, okay, not really, but kind of) and conquered that thing.  It wasn't so bad minus the fact that I was in there for 2 and 1/2 hours and I had to wait in line an hour prior to that to take a test I never wanted to take in the first place (who knew there were so many procrastinators like myself? At least I was in good company). I also feel the need to mention that I spent the most time studying for this test and got the lowest score out of all my finals on it. Go figure.  The score still ended up being decent and most importantly, I'M DONE!

It's a bitter sweet feeling to be done at the Y.  I remember only months ago when I couldn't wait to be done with flip flops in the snow, no parking spaces, weekly campus shutdown for devotional, 2 week engagements, egotistical religion professors, and Bush supporters (JK).  However, as I was picking out my very own "Y" sweatshirt yesterday (I figured I needed at least 1 before I graduated) I all of the sudden became nostalgic and almost (emphasis on almost) wished I had at least one more semester left. I mean I didn't even get to say goodbye!  Now all I can think about is how much I am going to miss all of those crazy and unique things about BYU. I mean, do you really think at the U (bleh) FHE groups stand outside the testing center to give you hot chocolate, sing hymns, and congratulate you on completing midterms?  I don't think so...

Yes BYU, you've been good to me.  And you shall be missed.  However, I'm excited to see what life has to offer me next.  I don't know what, when, or where that will be but I know good things are to come.  And here's the thing...If I ever miss you too much, I can come visit my husband.  He'll be there at least another year :)

Peace out Brig.  Thanks for developing such a find institution.  You da bomb.

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha! You funny, Amanda. Almost (emphasis on almost) made me want to go back to BYU myself. :) Congratulations on being DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I thought finishing finals before Christmas break was the best feeling ever, but I think you've topped that! Congrats Geds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amanda! So many great things happening for you in such a short time! And at least you got one sweater out of it! Good luck, with what I'm sure is, a very bright future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. i can not believe you actually did it! You had 3 blog posts and i didnt even realize! im so proud of you amanda. and dont you worry, i have been out of BYU for a year and i still miss it! I want to go back and be a student all over again. congrats on the internship, that is so awesome. miss you amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you just say "Peace out" and "You da bom" to Brig! Who are you?! Congrats on graduation, we missed you at lunch yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are sooo funny!!!! I miss you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you are back in this blogging world!!

    ReplyDelete